Thursday, February 14, 2013

In Love


I am in love
and have discovered it
to be a taste:
the ripening fruit of a locust tree
irresistible,
only a sacrament of vows
can contain

On the wing of enchantment
wrong and right, love is
"the smoke made from the fumes
of sighs", cultivating
full, constant light
foolish and wise, love
begets itself

Of the tree, love is
a star, dropping out of the thickness of time
whispering around the moon
while the world lays warm
the sun will never be
as happy as me
here, where I lay
a jewel in my hand
I am in love

6 comments:

  1. the sun will never be as happy as me...in love....love is a beautiful thing isnt it...smiles....enjoy your day of love with the one you love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and sensuous as ever. We have missed your exotic poetry these last few months. The is a scent of contentment in the air now you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice use of senses in this. Happy Valentines Day to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this specially the opening lines....I have a prompt on Real Toads on March 21 (I think) ...I would like to use your opening lines for my food/taste prompt ~ Please let me know ~ Thanks ~

    Cheers to you~

    ReplyDelete