Sunday, April 15, 2012

A to Z: Judah

Catching up with the letter J for the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

J is for Judah

When he came, the trinity was complete.

He brought along a string of messages. I've kept notes on my conversations with him. 
He is small for his age, in the middle of our family, and he is known to make a clear point when he speaks.

The nick-names that he has given to his baby sister(Haile):
Chubby-fat
Rainbow-Haile
Mary-cherry
He is her favorite; I find them in corners, cuddling and kissing.


A list of his most insightful speech:

Judah on war:
(while finishing a cream-filled popsicle) "Mom, I don't want to go to war. Because when you get back everything is different. You don't know what to do. You have to start all over again. Plus, I don't want to lose my arms."
(The plan in our home, to give each son a copy of Dalton Trumbo's Johnny Got His Gun before an army recruiter approaches. Based on this conversation, Judah has already read the book!


Judah on birth:
"Babies come from Moms. If there was no Mom, there would be no babies in the world. When the ocean slips out, then the baby comes. When I grow up and have a baby, the ocean will be in my tummy too."


Judah on God:
"God is like a soul. God can hold everything you have in his body. Flesh, bone, blood. I don't forget about her. He won't forget about you."
"Is God a He or a She?" I wondered.
"A She," he answered.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because She sits on a flower and wears a dress."


J is for a little boy who lives in his dreams,
where language is yellow and bubbly 
and stories are sage and true.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet, charming lad you are blessed with. He sounds like quite an old soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may be embarrassed when you recall all his sayings later but secretly he will treasure them and the love that has surrounded his life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a philosopher. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete